This A-frame cottage was completely rebuilt in ’04. Its multi-level decks and panoramic windows have spectacular views of Trout Lake and the evening sunset.
On the main deck is a new (2014) 6 person electric hot tub with jets.
The cottage and decks are nestled into the rock and surrounded by pine trees, giving a sense of being enveloped by nature. The spacious picture windows and French doors all make the living room a haven of views and comfort. Included are motorized pontoon boat with gas and 4 kayaks.
- Main floor – bedroom with queen bed
- Second floor – master bedroom with queen bed, single bed, and private balcony
- Ground floor – near the water’s edge is a sleeping porch with wrap-around screens and 2 queen beds
- Living room – leather sofa opens into a full size bed
- Fully equipped kitchen with new cabinets, appliances, and Corian countertops
- Floor-to-cathedral-ceiling fireplace and built-in propane heaters
- Deck, first level – new large barbeque grill, table, and seating
- Deck, second level – hot tub and more seating
- Deck, third level – additional seating, as well as an entrance to the ground level sleeping porch and stairs to the dock
- Deck off of the living room and a balcony off the master bedroom
- Swimming area on the shoreline and off the dock
- 17′ pontoon boat with 8 hp motor
- 4 kayaks – 2 sit on fishing kayaks, 1 double kayak, 1 single youth kaya
Trout Lake is surrounded by 1,600 Acres of Undeveloped State Forest
Waterfalls, hiking, outdoor recreation in the area
Fishing – every year DEC stocks a combined 5 to 10 thousand rainbow and lakers in this deep water lake. Other fish stocked in recent years include landlocked salmon and walleye. Trout Lake also has a solid population of smallmouth bass.
- 20 minutes from St. Lawrence University
- 1 hour from Thousand Islands
- 1 hour from Adirondack high peaks
- 3 hours from Albany
- 1 ¾ hour from Ottawa
Rates 2019 – 2020
Holidays and graduations have weekend rate and 3-night minimum.
Included: cleaning fee, use of boats and boat gas refills, firewood, propane for BBQ, wireless internet service, etc.
- Linens–$12/set sheets; $9/set towels
- Pet fee–$25 per pet
- Event fee–if the property will be used for a gathering of more than resident guests, there will be an event fee of $15/person attending.